The English Premiership 4th match of the season was played yesterday with some interesting results. Manchester United returned to winning ways, Tottenham threw away a lead to taste their first defeat of the season and Arsenal recorded their second win of the season after some scintillating display yesterday.
Records were also set while some were equally broken. Chelsea coach ,Maurizio Sarri, became the sixth manager to win his first premier league matches in charge with the win against Bournemouth on Saturday.
See below for complete list:
- Manchester United have now won each of their last 23 Premier League matches in which they’ve scored the opening goal.
- Since Arsenal striker’s, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Premier league debut in February, only Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah (15) has scored more goals than his (11)
- Maurizio Sarri is the sixth manager to win his first four Premier league games in charge, joining five other managers… Mourinho – 2004 Hiddink – 2009 Ancelotti – 2009 Guardiola – 2016 Shakespeare – 2017
- It became the second time in Premier League history, that 3 teams would win their opening 4 games – also in 2009-10. (Watford,Liverpool and Chelsea)
- Romelu Lukaku scored his first Premier League brace for United since his debut.
via: INFORMATION NIGERIA