We have listed 22 things you must know about s*x.
• People who have more s*x report higher self-esteem, life satisfaction and quality of life.
• Lower frequency of s*x and avoiding s*x are linked to psychological distress, anxiety, depression, and relationship problems.
• In his landmark work, Alfred Kinsey found that up to 19 percent of adults do not engage in s*x.
• Married males don’t go without s*x for a long duration.
• Women more commonly avoid s*x than men. In fact, up to 40 percent of women avoid s*x some time in their lives. Pain during s*x and low libido are big issues.
• More teenage females than teenage males abstain from s*x.
• Women also are more likely to avoid s*x because of childhood s*xual abuse.
• Pregnant women fear miscarriage or harming the foetus – and can also refuse s*x because of lack of interest and fatigue.
• The most common reasons for men avoiding s*x are erectile dysfunction, chronic medical conditions and lack of opportunity.
• For both men and women, research shows that medical problems are the main reasons for s*x avoidance.
• Heart disease patients often avoid s*x because they are afraid of a heart attack.
• Individuals with cerebrovascular conditions, such as a stroke, likely to avoid s*x.
• Chronic pain diminishes the pleasure of the s*xual act and directly interferes by limiting positions.
• Metabolic conditions such as diabetes and obesity reduce s*xual activity. In fact, diabetes hastens s*xual decline in men by as much as 15 years.
• Being fat and having poor body image can ruin an individual’s desire for s*x.
• Personality disorders, addiction and substance abuse and poor sleep quality affect desire for s*x.
• Many medications, such as antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs, reduce libido and s*xual activity, and, as a result, increase the risk of s*xual avoidance.
• Low levels of testosterone for men and low levels of dopamine and serotonin in men and women can make people avoid s*x.
• For both genders, loneliness reduces the amount of time spent with other people and the opportunity for s*x.
• Individuals who are lonely sometimes replace actual s*xual relations with the use of p****graphy. p****graphy may negatively affect s*xual performance over time.
• Many older adults do not engage in s*x because of shame and feelings of guilt or simply because they think they are ‘too old for s*x.’
• It would be wrong to assume that older adults are not interested in engaging in s*x.
Source: ( PM News )
via: INFORMATION NIGERIA