The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General TY Buratai, on Tuesday approved the special promotion of 6,199 soldiers serving in Operation Lafiya Dole to various ranks between Lance Corporals to Warrant Officers in the Nigerian Army.
A statement signed by Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman, Director Army Public Relations, gave the breakdown of those promoted as follows:
1. Staff Sergeants – Warrant Officers –329.
2. Sergeants – Staff Sergeants –371.
3. Corporals – Sergeants –707.
4. Lance Corporals – Corporals –1,290.
5. Privates – Lance Corporals –3,502.
Buratai congratulated the beneficiaries and urged them to increase the tempo of the ongoing clearance operations of the Boko Haram terrorists in the North East.
Source: ( PM News )
via: INFORMATION NIGERIA